Monday, April 28, 2008

Haikus between 4 and 8

Because of youWhat magic did you work on me?
Every poem I write is about you

Surprised
This love is a crazy feeling
Made a skeptic like me cry

What is love?They told me love is poisonous
“Lunatics”
I said
They said Love is sweet
Taste it, I did
Please do not ask me
What love is?
Cause
A broken heart in an empty shell
Is what is I am today!


InjusticeWhat the hell kind of justice is this?
You are the one who robbed my heart
And I am the one sentenced
For life!

Heaven
I was knocking on heavens door
Not knowing
It was in his arms I felt bliss


No more stampsDear love
Do not paste stamps
To the letters you send
The letters that bear your fragile heart
Cannot stand the thump of the seal

KissThe virgin rain falling on me
Reminds me of the wetness of your first unexpected kiss on my tender lips
Fool in loveI think of you
Every single moment
I see your face
Everywhere I turn
All roads I take
Leads me one step closer to you
Everything is glorious my love
As long as your thoughts
Fill my foolish head


Memory of your smileI feel weighed down with love
The day you moved into my heart
My day seems longer
Since I lost sleep over you
My heart beats faster
For a glimpse of your face
Put me out of misery
If only for a day
Dearest one of my choice,
Please come in my dreams
And caste a smile
Once, just once
I promise to write a poem
And wait patiently for your next arrival
Cherishing the memory of your smile in my heart

Circus net’s dance
Fell down
The little spider


Song on radio
Old man’s taps his feet
Will it stop?

Swings as wind blows
On the paddy’s edge

The frightened centipede

Heard of hair smelling of scented flowers
But this flower carries the scent of your hair
How delightful!


Widowed sky
With wedding next day
Crescent moon


Need to comb my hair
Beloved
Show me your face!

Fed his goat
Not for love
But for meat!

Dad and son
In the same line
Indian Employment Exchange

2 comments:

நிலாரசிகன் said...

//What the hell kind of justice is this?
You are the one who robbed my heart
And I am the one sentenced
For life!//

இது என்னுடைய கவிதையொன்றை நினைவு படுத்துகிறது.
வலைப்பூ முழுவதிலும் ஒரு வெறுமை படர்ந்திருக்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு கவிதைகளும் கற்பனைகளால் அல்லாமல் உணர்வுகளால் பின்னப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.
இராக்கில் விழுகின்ற பிணத்திற்காக உன் பேனா கண்ணீர் வடித்திருக்கிறது.
யார் நீ?
I am stunned by your blog! Who are you? You too from United States? Iam looking forward to talk to you poet! Let me know your number at nilaraseegan@gmail.com

Sublime Remembrance said...

kadhal universal enbathalo ennavo , sindhanaigalum sila samayam clash aagiradhu .... (hahaha hope ennoda madras tamil makes sense)